Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 26 July 2012

Coronation Street extra in Olympic women's boxing team


Nicola Adams used to be an extra on Coronation Street. And now she's  hoping to get a Olympic gold medal in women's boxing for Team GB.

Nicola already has three world silver medals and the European title - and she worked on Corrie as an extra to fund her way to her Olympic dream

She said working on Corrie was her most enjoyable part-time work.

"I went for a part in 'My Parents Are Aliens'. I didn't get it, but they asked me if I was interested in being an extra and that was it, I was away."

"I sat in the Rovers Return and visited the post office, it was really exciting. The extra work I really enjoyed and seeing all the actors and stuff, I'd like to pursue that after my career."

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

abbyk said...

Ha ha, could you imagine having a boxer on the street? Like the next time Terry Duckworth or Rick show up? Do yo think Stella would listen if she told her to back off? (hint hint, writers, she's may need a job, and there's an opening at the Rovers)

Congratulations, Nicola! I hope you enjoy your Olympic experience.

abbyk said...

Off to the medals round! Go, Nicola!!!

abbyk said...

Off to the medals round. Go, Nicola!!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!