Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Sue Cleaver training to be a psychotherapist

Sue Cleaver, who plays Coronation Street's Eileen Grimshaw, is training to become a psychotherapist.

In an interview with Soaplife magazine, Sue said: "I have it constantly - once a week. I've learned so much about myself by doing it, and it really has changed my life.

"It has given me complete understanding of certain behaviour - why we react in the way we do. It can't help but affect every relationship in your life. I get excited about having therapy each week. It's a bit like going to the gym, but for your mind.

"I've always been fascinated by the good it can do. Personally, I think it should be mandatory. It's a great confidence builder. I am qualified to take clients and have another 18 months to go before I can finish my four-year course in Analysis Psychotherapy at the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy. It's hard work fitting it in with Corrie, but I love it."

Sue said that her Coronation Street fame does not impact her sessions with clients.

She said: "It is maybe a bit weird for them at first, but once we start talking, they forget all about it. The novelty wears off.

"The people come to see me when they have something they want to talk about and when they have a problem. That is what they are concerned about, not who I am."

Glenda Young 
Flaming Nora Blog / @flaming_nora


Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Milly said...

good for her.

Humpty Dumpty said...

Good luck to her and maybe Sue Cleaver is thinking ahead to pastures new. It certainly isn't Sue's fault that her character has become so pointless.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!