Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 21 March 2018

New Blogger joins Coronation Street Blog


Hi!  Flaming Nora has invited me to join the team here to work with @JordanLloyd39 writing the reviews of Friday night episodes turn and turn about with my first post for this coming Friday (and I am honestly glad he did last week with the events reported).

I have been watching Corrie for a long time - so I remember Annie, Jack, Elsie, Val, Hilda, Len and a lot of the far more recent arrivals and departures.  There have been the ups and downs over the years with stories and characters and my belief is that the Street is strongest when it is characters and not plot moving matters forward.

With my family I visited the Granada Studios backlot Street many years ago (before regular tours ended - in 1999 I believe) and can only hope that the possibility of visiting the newly extended studio location will happen before I am too old (although I am getting on a bit)!

For the record I have been writing Corrie episode updates for the Corriedays Yahoo group and contributing to the Ratucs usenet group - although that was a long time ago.  I wrote the update for the Curly / Raquel two-hander at the turn of the century and usually end my updates with some personal observations of events.

The last few weeks has to my mind seen some interesting little pieces.  First up Johnny and Roy outside the hospital whilst Carla was receiving a kidney - outstanding.  Eva being "fat shamed"!  Kev and his son kicking a football around; filler maybe - but why must each and every scene push a story along?  If Kate Oates can take her foot off the full throttle pedal and work in more of this then Corrie will actually be stronger in my view.  Corrie needs that balance to work well.

Maintaining viewer numbers is ever more difficult and Corrie needs to respond to that - however there can be few taboos it has not addressed over the years and delivering new stories must be ever more difficult.

I look forward to the return of Lewis Archer and Claudia Colby to bring in some comedy but I would also like to see (in the words of the recommended Conversation Street podcast) more from the young "Friends" group - Alya, Kate, Sophie, Rosie, Craig, Zeedan - and the younger friends group - Asha, Aadi, Faye, Simon, Amy, Summer.  Some of these have to be the long term future of our beloved Street.

I'm on Twitter @Kosmo100

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

C in Canada said...

Does 'New Blogger' have a name?

Anonymous said...

Jeanie:

Looking forward to your reviews! My husband thinks I'm insane, but I always enjoy reading the reviews and commenting on them as much as I enjoy watching the show.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!