Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 1 December 2017

New Corrie star George Banks on being Gemma's Rockefella


There's a good interview with George Banks, who is the new addition to Coronation Street, playing Henry Newton.  Or as I like to think of him, playing Rockefella to Gemma's Cinderella.

Radio Times have the interview in which George says he was over joyed to find out he'd got the role in Corrie. He says: "I couldn’t believe it! I found out I had an audition on the Monday and then I came up on the Wednesday. I hadn’t heard by the weekend, so I thought I hadn’t got it, but my agent called me very early in the morning telling me I got the part. I told my wife not to tell anyone else – I really wanted to keep it a secret and try and watch the episode with my family, but I thought better of it and let the cat out of the bag.

"I left drama school in 2009 and I’ve done lots of theatre and plays that I’ve really loved and enjoyed. But doing TV was the scary new thing that I hadn’t done properly before. My first scene was with Malcolm Hebden [Norris] in the Kabin and he was very funny – he knew I was nervous but he was wonderful. Everyone here is so lovely to work with and I just settled right in.

You can read the full interview here.

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!