Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Summer's evil grandma returns to Coronation Street


Now then, I thought - and hoped - we'd seen the last of Summer's evil grandma Geraldine, the homophobic OAP. But when a character is as nasty as Geraldine, there's only one thing to do in the world of soap, and that's bring them back!

And it looks as if Geraldine is on her way back to Corrie later this year, as paparazzi pictures taken recently show her at a church where Pat Phelan and Eileen are also attending a carol concert for Christmas.

The Sun have the pictures here which also show Sue Cleaver, as Eileen, with three stitches to an injury in her head. Oh dearie me.

See also:
Summer's grandma - the biggest bigot to walk the cobbles

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook






Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

12 comments:

Derelict Cucumberpatch said...

Oh what a disappointment......Phelan is still with us at Christmas!

Unknown said...

Ugh!

Tilly Flop said...

My first thoughts too

Anonymous said...

I may in the minority for saying this but I'm glad Summer's grandmother is returning,I think Summer needs her.
Since her arrival and despite Billy's claims it's what 'Drew wants'neither Billy or Todd[especially Billy] has spent no more than five minutes with Summer thus leaving her to get in trouble.
Perhaps Summer needs Grandma's strict discipline?

Laura said...

I would rather see more of her grandfather. Maybe he decides he wants to build a strong relationship with Summer because he feels badly that he did so wrong with Drew. I agree that despite all his big talk Billy doesn't seem to pay much attention to her.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Laura about the grandfather.

I'm a little tired hearing about how hated Phelan is. The actor has lifted the bar. I wish there was a way for him to stay. If not, I hope he stays as long as possible. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Tilly Flop said...

That's unfair on Todd. He's spent loads of time with Summer. Just last week they had lunch together in the bistro, waiting for Billy, who never turned up

Anonymous said...

So true, Tilly Flop!

Laura said...

I agree with Tilly Flop that Todd is definitely making an effort with Summer, much to his credit. However by comparison Billy is surprisingly uninvolved, and that's why I think having another adult like her grandfather around, particularly since he knew her father when he was young, would be a good thing for her. It would also be interesting to see if he started to become a father-type figure for Todd.

Anonymous said...

Tilly Flop,I forgot about Todd taking Summer out to lunch.
I also agree with Laura's comment about Summer's grandfather being more involved in her life.
I liked the grandfather and Summer needs his guidance too because as I've said before Billy dropped the ball so do speak looking after her.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see more of Summer's grandpa too. I hope he divorces that horrible women and then reunites with Summer. The grandmother is too much of a religious fanatic to be a good influence on a child.

Maricha said...

I'd like Todd and the grandfather to end up sharing custody of Summer. Billy and Geraldine are two sides of the same coin; very self righteous but worse than useless in the end.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!