Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 12 October 2017

5 Corrie couples who are great together

Yesterday I wrote a blog post about 5 Corrie couples who shouldn't be together. You can read it here. 

Today, on a brighter note, it's the turn of those Coronation Street couples that are great together.


Sally and Tim. My favourite couple at the moment. Comedy, class warfare, clean windows and snobbery - what's not to like? Tim is the perfect down-to-earth foil for Sally and her high and mighty dreams. A perfect Corrie couple.


I love, love, love Sarah Platt and Gary Windass together. Mind you, I'd still much prefer Gary and Izzy to get back together but as that doesn't appear to be on the cards any time soon, not with Nicola's baby on the way, then it's going to be interesting to see how Sarah and Gary play out. Will she dump him when she finds out about Nicola? And she will find out, won't she? This is soap after all.


Steve and Leanne. The Corrie couple who never were together, not really, but they proved in that short period of time that they could be awesome as a two-some. Come on, Corrie, put these two together and get them running the Rovers with Liz behind the bar.
.

Beth and Kirk. Warm, funny, common as muck and they love each other so much as well as their family and friends. Always a delight.


Billy and Todd. Yesterday I included Billy and Todd in my list of 5 Corrie couples who shouldn't be together because I truly believe Todd has the capability to really hurt Billy and break his little heart.  But until (or if) that happens, they really are a joy to watch, especially with the addition of Summer.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know your views.


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carla and Peter Barlow circa 2010 - 12

Aidan and Maria Connor - an inevitable pairing with great chemistry

Rob Donovan and Tracy Barlow

Humpty Dumpty said...

I agree with this selection - but not too wild about Gary and anyone. I'm still convinced that Sally & Tim were a complete fluke. If Kevin hadn't been whisked away because the actor was dealing with personal problems, I'm sure he would have seen Tim off and we'd be back to boring Kev & Sal. Jane Dawson is fantastic when she has the right oppo. It could be Leanne & Steve or Leanne & Peter (again).

Scott Willison said...

Hopefully at some point the writers will remember Beth and Kirk are no longer legally married and send them back down the aisle!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate Sarah and Gary together. But perhaps it's me because I dislike both characters.

Anonymous said...

None of these are actual couples now though

abbyk said...

I like Sally and Tim, and hope Leanne and Steve find a way back towards each other — they are superb actors who complement each other. The rest, meh. Beth & Kirk are well suited to each other but I don’t like spending time with them. The adventures of Bad Boy & Stupid Girl hold zero interest. Todd & Billy keep me watching because I like them individually, but as a couple, they’re flat. Not on the list, I like Eileen & Phelan. Can’t explain why, I just do.

Unknown said...

I don’t like Todd since they made him “evil.” So whoever he is with doesn’t work for me, but I do like Billy.
Tim and Sally are brilliant - and as one commentator noted, probably a complete fluke, but luckily the writers grabbed hold tight.
Beth and Kirk’s one story every 18 months is a waste. Yet, without Beth, I can’t help thinking we’d be waving goodbye to Kirk. He’s good at playing dumb, but that’s not necessarily very interesting or funny to watch.
Gary needs Sarah-Lou to give him that extra dimension. I say “extra,” what I mean is “only” - he’s boring, not smouldering.
Steve and Leanne - that could be good. Leanne as the no-nonsense to his crazy ideas.

Anonymous said...

Todd and Billy are fabulous together and are my favourites on the list. I find Todd a much more interesting character than Billy but as a couple they work and it's been lovely seeing them raising Summer.
I also love Sally and Tim and surprisingly enough I really liked Steve and Leanne together.
I don't like Gary and Sarah pairing mainly because I dislike Gary as a character and don't think Sarah's had much chemistry with anyone since Todd.

modtl said...

Steve and Leanne were fabulous together, it was comedy genius. Those two in t'Rovers with Liz would be perfect.

modtl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The IIregular Man said...

Sally and Tim were obviously an unexpected relationship to begin with, but they've become this wonderful comic and lovely pairing.

Steve and Leanne's short lived relationship showed that despite the complicated circumstances their having a child caused, there is actually a subtle but real spark between them.

I can easily see them coming together again but of course given how Steve is it'll be a series of comic events that lead to it. Like he and Leanne will end up mistaken for Peter and Toyah when the Rovers gets entered into a competition of some kind set at Christmas.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!