Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 13 July 2017

Corrie baddie: "I had to change my appearance to hide from fans"


Actress Rhea Bailey, who played baddie Caz Hammond in Coronation Street, says that she used to be shouted at the street by Corrie fans and when she left, she had to change her appearance to hide from fans.

In an interview with the Manchester Evening News, Rhea says:  “People were upset by Caz’s story and I would constantly have people shouting things at me in the street. I changed my hair to distance myself from the character. I’ve changed it back again now and as soon as I did people recognised me again."

Rhea is currently filming for the CBBC Victorian children’s drama Hetty Feather and the new Kay Mellor drama Girlfriends.

Read more Corrie news, interviews and spoilers 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Where's Emily?? said...

Considering that no one had ever heard of her before, she might look at this as an opportunity to get more acting jobs. I didn't think she was that great in her role as Caz, somewhat wooden. So girlie, enjoy your fame while you can.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's prob not polite to say, but she didn't wow me with her acting of Caz. However, Corrie fans are embarrassing themselves, shouting at her in the streets. That just baffles me...

boris the spider said...

If they're shouting at her in the streets, I dread to think what they are doing to Neil and Nathan!

boris the spider said...

ETA: rather, the actors who play Neil and Nathan!

C in Canada said...

I agree with the top two posters that she could have capitalized on that recognition, but I guess it was too much for her personally.

I didn't think she was that great of an actress either - I used to think Maria was the worst crier I'd ever heard....until I heard Caz try and cry on screen. Cringeworthy.

Cobblestone said...

Yet the writers responsible for that dog's breakfast of a storyline get to wander around cloaked in undeserved anonymity.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!