Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 14 July 2017

Cherylee Houston: My Perception Of Disability


Cherylee Houston, who plays Izzy Armstrong in Coronation Street, has written a blog post for the Huffington Post called My Perception Of Disability.

Cherylee supports the disability charity Scope.

She writes a powerful piece and she says: "I am not a disabled person, I am Cherylee, actress, writer, vegetarian, gardener, lover of adventures, likes to make things, glue things, have daft impulses, learn lessons too late - that’s who I am. I am not ‘disabled’ in the perception of the term. And yet disability has soaked itself into so many areas of my life and by proxy those around me.

"Disability is never seen as a positive. But it can be. I feel it myself and see it in others - the wisdom, the knowledge, the processing, the understanding it brings. It teaches you to face difficult choices alongside depth of patience, to cherish the moments. The acceptance you have to learn or perpetually rally against.

You can read the full interview here.
 
Read more Corrie news, interviews and spoilers




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!