Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 8 June 2014

Coronation Street fan of the week - Jason in Australia

It's time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? 
Click here to find out more.  


Who are you and where are you from?
Hello, My name is Jason Jones and I live about 60km (32miles) from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia in a place called Pakenham. I am a 29 year old and the only one that watches Corrie in my household, which I feel is a shame


How long have you been watching Corrie?
Well My story has an interesting prequel. My dad and my grandparents come from Widnes, Lancashire which is half an hour from Manchester. They arrived out in 1966 to Australia. My Grandparents were huge fans of the show when on Free to Air TV. Sadly Corrie was as popular as the Beatles in the 60’s here in Australia but sadly now has a cult or Brit’s expat following now.


I tried to watch the latest stuff from the UK as well as watching the one that they show on 7two here in Australia. The stuff here on 7two has episodes back to 2006 back in the dark days of the Baldwins after Mike’s funeral (I still miss him on the cobbles) and the relationship of Ronnie and Steve. Can not get enough of Corrie, eh?


Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
I think that is the hardest questions to give to a Corrie Nut like myself. I think Jack and Vera stand out to me but they were similar to my grandparents overseas. I do enjoy listening to Lloyd speak with his scouse accent. I also like Roy and Hayley who I felt were undervalued for a couple of years until just before Hayley’s death. As a solo female actor, I love Eileen mind you, I remember Sue Cleaver (and Shobna Gulati) in Dinnerladies which was one of my favourite comedies


What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
One of my favourite storylines is Les and Janince and Eileen and Dennis which leads up to the New Years episode of Dennis’ Death. I get upset at deaths. Mike’s, Vera and Jack’s were the best ones I remember. I think the longer the characters has been in the series the more upset you be.


And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
A new Australian couple comes in to the street. Male played by myself and a female play by hot female Australian actor or model, buy the Rovers Return and have a dynasty at the pub like Annie and Jack Walker


Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
Sadly, not meeting anyone but would love to walk down the cobbles of the street but I would be hyperventilating when I step out I think. One of my aims is to go back to England as still have family there.


Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Rachal Jay said...

Yay! Awesome! Glad to know I'm not alone in Aus! I'm not too far from Jason!

Fun to read!

Rachal. :-)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!