Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 24 March 2013

William Roache apologises for sex abuse comments

Coronation Street's William Roache, who plays Ken Barlow, has apologised after he appeared to suggest victims of paedophiles were being punished for their past sins.

Roache told New Zealand's One News that the public should be "totally forgiving" of people who have committed child sex crimes.

But in a statement he has now said: "I would like to say that I am very sorry for any offence that has been caused as a result of my comments. I would never say victims of sexual offences are in any way responsible for abuse they have suffered and I offer my deepest apologies if anything I have said has been misunderstood. I had no intention of causing any kind of distress as a result of my interview and I offer my utmost sympathies to anyone affected by sexual offences and paedophilia."

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!