Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Catherine Tyldesley on losing five stone

Catherine Tyldesley, who plays Coronation Street's Eva Price, has given an interview to OK magazine about, and I quote "body issues".

There's a picture of Catherine when she was five stong heavier than she currently is, and she says she was inspired to lose weight after being told she could only ever play larger people on screen.

She says: "I went for an audition to play Rizzo in Grease and the producer said to me: ‘Sorry, Cath, but you will always be the fat character actress’ and I didn’t get the role. After that, I thought, right, I want to be a professional actress and I need to get healthy. I lost the bulk of it in a year," she added.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The magazine says she's now size 10, which begs the question, how come Eva's red dress for sale on eBay is size 14?!? There's no way she's a size 10 with, shall we say, an 'upstairs department' like that! AmandaB

Mrs Barton said...

Yes i spotted this too.... but whoever expected OK Magazine to tell anything resembling the truth?

Anonymous said...

I suppose she could be a size 10 in a tailored outfit, to accomodate for her endowment. The unfortunate issue in the entertainment business is that in order to look like "average" people on the screen, actors need to be 1/4 of the size. Very unforgiving business indeed.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!