Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Video: Barbara Knox interview on ITV's Lorraine

Barbara Knox, who plays Coronation Street's Queen of the Kabin Rita Tanner, was interviewed live today on The Lorraine show on ITV1. 

Barbara was being interviewed to show her support for ITV's Women of the Year awards.

She also talked about Rita's current role on Corrie, trying her best and failing to help Tina. "I've had some lovely lines, lovely stories and lovely people," she says. And she talked about Rita's relationship with Dennis Tanner and about Rita being a survivor with over 42 years on the cobbles.

Lorraine asked Barbara if she's able to go out and about, doing ordinary things like shopping as she's so recognisable. Barbara replied: "Well, I do because I think I should. At the end of the day, I'm a human being and I have to do my own shopping.  People are very nice, they love the programme, they come up to you and they are so kind. It's very nice, actually, because the programme hasn't got stale. People still love it. I do go about and sometimes they grab my arm and say, 'Come here, you!' I don't particularly like that, but I suppose it's affectionate in a way!"

You can watch the interview here.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grabbing people you don't know is creepy and likely frightening for poor Barbara. People are likely excited to see her but respect is still due.

Anonymous said...

is that new interior that i see in the background of the rovers?!?!?!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!