Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 12 August 2012

Corrie's Karl Munro steps up for 12 hour charity dance marathon

John Michie, who plays Coronation Street's Karl Munro, is getting ready for a 12 hour dance marathon he's doing for charity on August 18 in Glasgow.

John has signed up to take part in the STV Dance Marathon with the help of his wife, who worked as a choreographer for Hot Gossip. He said: “I’ve been known to cut a few moves on the dance floor in my time but I'm no Fred Astaire, so I'll need all the support I can get to keep me going.”

He will be taking the floor with other celebrities including Pamela Stephenson and Bruce Devlin.

He added: “It is shocking that thousands of children in Scotland live in poverty, especially as it is a relatively small country. There’s clearly much that needs to be done, which is why I'm delighted to support the STV Appeal 2012 and to help raise as much money as possible.

“Please sponsor me, make my blisters worthwhile and help the STV Appeal.  Every penny that I raise will stay in Scotland and make a real difference to those kids.

You can sponsor John here.

Also, watch this great video of John dancing on Coronation Street with help from his Corrie cast mates, it's good fun.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!