Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 13 May 2012

Lisa George on playing Corrie's Beth Tinker

There's a good interview today in The People with Lisa George, who plays newcomer Beth Tinker.

She says her role on Coronation Street has been a lifesaver. "It’s been really tough. At times I’ve been on the breadline. I’m so grateful to Ma and Pa and my boyfriend for ­supporting me. Over the years I’ve done everything to make ends meet. I worked in a fish finger factory, a pasta factory and a bike factory, threading gears in bikes and drilling handle bars. I’ve sold cigars in a posh restaurant wearing fishnets and a tutu. I’ve been a PA and sold tickets in the Albert Hall’s box office. I’ve been a holiday camp bluecoat, a backing singer and a singing teacher – you name it, I’ve done it.”

Did you know that Lisa has been in Coronation Street three times before? In 1997 she was a nursing colleague of Martin Platt and in 2005 a police family liaison officer in five episodes after the murder of Tommy Harris.Two years later she played another policewoman in an hour-long special when Ashley Peacock’s son was kidnapped. But the episode was shelved due to the disppearance of Madeleine McCann.

Lisa even wrote to Street bosses begging for a part as the sister of Cilla Battersby because she was constantly being mistaken for her!

She also sings and records with a 19-piece big band The Cat Pack. Find out more about the band here.

Anyway, I'm loving Beth but especially enjoying watching her son Craig, played by Colson Smith.  I'm still holding out hope that Craig turns out to be Steve McDonald's son. Watch this space.

Read the full interview here.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heres one fan hoping that they renew the character of Beth when her contract runs out in October!- Micky

Humpty Dumpty said...

Yes, I agree, Beth has got potential. Having Craig gives her a lot of possible storylines with other characters. Hopefully, she's going to become much more realistic than Cilla.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Beth and her son! I also really want Craig to be revealed as Steve's son! Brilliant additions to the Corrie cast!
Eden x

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the DNA test that proves Amy is not Steve's daughter...Tracy was with about 10 different blokes at the time.

We'll see.

I like Beth too..breath of fresh air and such a gob on her!!! Ha!

Anonymous said...

It would be great if Steven finds out that Amy isn't his but that Craig is!

Humpty Dumpty said...

Craig looks a bit like his possible Uncle Andy (OK, stretching it, I know ...) Maybe Beth went out with Andy just before he left the Street. If that were the case, Steve would certainly feel protective towards his nephew. What if Amy was the daughter of Wally Bannister (Bernard Cribbens)who lied when he said he couldn't have children. Maybe Wally's son turns up on the Street and this puts Roy and Hayley in a quandry.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!