Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Flaming Nora’s Corrie Weekly Update, May 30 2011

Greetings and welcome to the Coronation Street Weekly Update.  And so without any further ado, here we go with this week's Coronation Street update.

Find out more about the Coronation Street Weekly Updates and why they've been written for th'internet since 1995 at
http://www.corrieweeklyupdates.btinternet.co.uk

I wasn't sure if I should write an update this week. I ummed and aahed for a while and wondered if I should sit here and put pen to paper, fingertips to keyboard, biscuit into tea. The reason I’m not sure about writing an update this week is because I haven’t enjoyed Corrie this week. At all. Not one bit. Zilch.  I can’t even say to Corrie, “it’s not you, it’s me” ‘cos it’s not me. I’m still the Corrie fan I ever was, I’m just waiting for it to turn around and come back with a cobble and a smile because at the minute, there’s precious little about my favourite show that’s to like. I therefore apologise in advance if this update’s a bit mardy and low. I’m having trouble sticking with the show and it’s on every night this week with the Stape saga, bonkers Becky and toxic Tracy.    Anyway, like I say, I apologise.

Underneath Underworld lies Colin’s body wrapped in a carpet and now the drains are causing a stink at the factory so Owen’s called in to dig it all up.   John’s demented when he finds out what’s going on, he’s sure that Colin’s body will be exposed so he gets himself a job as Owen’s digger-upper man and digs up Colin’s body all on his own, just as Fiz walks in and finds him with the corpse in the carpet. Yelling at Fiz through the TV: “Ring the bloody police, woman!” doesn’t work, she just simpers.
Meanwhile, John’s got Chesney and Charlotte’s parents tied up in the basement of Charlotte’s parent’s house. They finally manage to get themselves free of the rope that John’s tied around their wrists but they’re locked in the cellar and can’t get out. 

Mr and Mrs Sham-Marriage stage a sham fight in public so that everyone will think that they’ve fallen out, leaving Graeme to fall back in love with Tina, Xin to leave for a new job in Edinburgh and everybody can live happily ever after again.  Only it doesn’t quite happen like that. Graeme and Xin have their fight but unsaid truths are revealed, they’re clearly in love with each other. Tina knows what’s going on, she’s not daft, that one, but she doesn’t yet know that Graeme and Xin have consummated their marriage, sham or not.   I liked Graeme better when he was more fun.

Tracy tells Steve she’s going to take Amy away and live in that London.  In a surprise move, Becky asks Tracy not to go, she’s concerned that Steve will miss Amy too much. Steve thinks so too and gets advice from a solicitor about custody of his daughter.  Then he sneaks off to a pay phone and puts in an anonymous call to the Social Services to tell them that there’s a little lad called Max living at the Rovers Return and summat’s not right with the set up.  Mrs Social Worker’s round there straight away demanding to know what’s going on and Steve tells her that Max’s mum, Kylie, isn’t living at the pub with them all any more. Becky can’t believe what Steve is doing, he’s jeopardizing their chances of keeping little Max but that appears to be exactly what Steve has in mind.  Meanwhile David keeps on at Kylie to get her son back, blissfully unaware that she sold him to her sister.

And the only bright spot of the week came from the warmth that is Roy’s Rolls café. Hayley shakes Roy out of his cardigan-ed comfort zone (well, sometimes you just have to) and books them on a 10 day holiday to a Dorset camp site.  Roy’s aghast, especially when he finds out that Sylvia will be running the café with just Anna for help.

And that's just about that for this week. 

This week's writers were David Lane, Jan McVerry, Martin Allen, Peter Whalley, Jonathan Harvey. Find out more about the Coronation Street writing team at: http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html

Glenda Young
--
Blogging away merrily at
http://flamingnora.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shut it off when a drunk Graeme plopped himself on Eileen's sofa. I think the guy is way overrated as an actor and was better as the comedic half of Ashley and Graeme. After they got rid of the one nice couple on the street-the Peacocks (yes..Ashley did have an affair and they were as dull as dishwater) Corrie seemed to have gotten lost and just is smashing around from one sensational story to another, and none of them very good at that!!

Sea Penguin said...

That pic of Tracyluv is priceless

Glenda Young said...

Anonymous, I couldn't agree more.

Dolly Tubb said...

Flaming Nora - I feel your pain, I really do. Corrie at the moment is stuck in one long, dark, endless ginnel.

Theresa said...

I love Corrie st. I thought Fiz and Kirk made such a cute couple, then she got mixed up with John. Will she ever come out of the mess she is in, being in prison and all? I would love to see her back to the old Fiz now that she has her little baby girl.
Also I can't say how much I'll continue watching Corrie St, if Tracey stays in the show for long.
She is one of the most evil person I know on the show and I can't stand watching her. I know she's not like that in real life, but I just watch her on the show. GET HER OFF. I've been watching Corrie St. since 1965

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!