Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Praising four Corrie actors

Of course, it's only my humble opinion but isn't that what a blog is for? While watching Friday's and Monday's episodes, I was riveted to the screen watching two couples, four actors who put in platinum performances. The writing and dialogue was as good as Corrie gets, for me anyway. The actors more than did the writing justice. I want to watch it over and over. I'm talking about Simon Gregson, Katherine Kelly, Craig Charles and Bev Callard. Craig Charles in particular surprised me. We usually only see Lloyd as a jokester, somewhat goofy, sometimes serious but not usually overly emotional and with the breakup with Liz, we finally saw some of that. Craig really made his character's feelings utterly believable. Everyone else was equally great and I *had* to write about it. As always, the long and not very short of it is over here.

5 comments:

balvert said...

Fantastic piece, Tvor. Brilliant.

Clare said...

Very well analysed. I agree that they all performed well in said epeisodes. I too was surprised by the gentle, emotive portrayal Craig Charles gave of Lloyd, thought it was very refreshing for the character.

Anonymous said...

Craig Charles impressed me the most. He was great, and it really highlighted his acting abilities and that he deserves more storylines, instead of ones mainly revovlving around the McDonalds.

Unknown said...

Agreed!

Glenda Young said...

Totally agree. Craig Charles was superb.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!