Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 11 March 2017

Brooke Vincent: "I might leave Corrie from time to time"

There's a good interview with Brooke Vincent, who plays Sophie Webster, in Coronation Street, in the current edition of SoapLife magazine.

Brooke talks about her recent break from Coronation Street when she took time out to star in a stage play with Ruth Madoc.

Asked if she's back in Corrie for good now, Brooke says: "It's an amazing job. I work with amazing people and it feels as if I've come home. But I'm not as scared as I was to say that I might go off from time to time and do other things.  I might be like Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter Barlow, and dip in and out of the show.

"Working in theatre means that I've come back to Corrie with a different mindset and it's made me want to better my character here."

She also talks about dating Manchester City footballer Kean Bryan and says she gets a bit fed up with the way Sophie's lesbianism has been portrayed with the show.

"It doesn't need to be brought up or written about every time we do a scene," she says. "It's not as if every lesbian fancies every other lesbian they meet!"




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

7 comments:

Newfy Pearl said...

What a good idea! She gets to really enjoy being an actress that way. The Corrie viewers will not get sick of her and she would not get underused by the producer. Sounds like this young lady has her head on right when it comes to her career.

abbyk said...

I also like her view on the wrongness of the lesbian dating scene. I'm lesbian, you're lesbian, hello we're in love. It doesn't work that way. For any group of people. Hope she can get some creative control over Sophie's destiny.

popcorn said...

Agree with both Newfy Pearl and abbyk. Would also like to add that I think Brooke's acting skills have improved noticeably since her stint in theatre.

Derelict Cucumberpatch said...

Can't honestly say that I'll miss her, Sophie is so surplus to requirements that it beggars belief she is still there.

Maricha said...

She seems to have found the spark she had a child actor. Maybe it's a good thing to step away from what's become a routine and get a chance to see a role with fresh eyes.

Rapunzel said...

Very sensible. Sam Aston should do the same. And the other child actors, even before they mature into teenagers. The problem with having been brought in as children is that they've largely bypassed the usual acting training/jobbing routes. Finding ways to learn and improve their craft has to be a good thing.

Lily Bigfield said...

I saw her in Be My Baby, and she was excellent. Good on her for wanting to try out other roles and improve her acting skills. I also agree it would be good for Sam Aston to follow the same route. He was so good as a child actor, he's not been used so well as an adult.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!