Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 17 February 2017

Happy Birthday from Steve McDonald



It was on this Blog last month that I discovered Simon Gregson is offering personalised video messages for fans.

My Dad had his 70th birthday coming up and unfortunately we knew he'd be spending his big day in hospital. I thought I would check out the Celebrity Video Messages website with a view to cheering my Dad up with some birthday wishes from the actor who portrays one of his favourite Corrie characters.

You pay your 30 quid and order a message from the celebrity of your choice, submitting a basic script of key information to be delivered in front of the camera and then you get an email when it has been recorded. It sounded like a bit of fun so I gave it a go. A proportion of the proceeds go to charity too.

They say most videos are turned around within one to two weeks. Mine took 24 hours! I have to say that I was very pleased with the result and my Dad was delighted when I played it to him on the ward. I didn’t tell him that I paid for it but created an air of mystery. Perhaps he thought it all came about through my Corrie blogging connections...

Here is the video. It looks like a Vlog directed by Sarah Platt but the content is great!


Anyway, I am pleased to say that my old man is out of hospital and recovering well after his operation – and he’s got a copy of his video message to keep for posterity.

There are a few Corrie actors – past and present – on the CelebVM books. They will all set you back 30 notes. Well, except for Adam Rickitt – you get a fiver off for him.



It’s my birthday in August and I’ve already told my nearest and dearest that they could do far worse than order up a customized, personalized, and unique video message from my favourite character, Peter Barlow. Toodle-pip!


By Martin Leay
You can follow Martin on Twitter @mpleay
You can listen to Martin on croydonradio.com


Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


NEW! Coronation Street Blog - the book.
A must for all Corrie fans!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Maricha said...

That's a sweet idea. Glad your father is recovering.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!