Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 25 January 2016

Pics: Derek Griffiths films first Coronation Street scenes

There are paparazzi pictures online showing Derek Griffiths filming his first Coronation Street scenes.  You can see the full set of pics at the Mirror website.

Derek Griffiths will play retired mechanic Freddie, a pensioner who strikes up an unlikely friendship with Kylie following the death of his wife, a beauty client of Kylie's. Through Kylie he finds new friends and a surrogate community in the Street.

We'll see Freddie on screen in March.

Speaking about joining Coronation Street Derek said:

"I remember being a young boy and watching Violet Carson on Coronation Street. She was a brilliant character that people loved to hate and later when I became an actor and played the villain in panto many times those are qualities I would bring to the role.

"When I came for my audition one of the first things I saw was a huge photo of Violet Carson on the wall. I am very much looking forward to walking in those hallowed footsteps."


Vote for us in the UK Blog Awards #UKBA16Please vote for the Coronation Street Blog in the UK Blog Awards 2016

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter
Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net





Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It may be my imagination but I'm pretty sure that I saw him in one episode all ready as an extra - he was standing near the door to the Rovers talking with some friends and then turned to go. I actually reversed the recording to check it out. Looking forward to seeing him on the street - hopefully he'll bring some fresh storylines because we all know we need something, anything new right now.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!