Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 28 March 2015

Interview with Coronation Street's Sam

There's a good interview over on Digital Spy with Peter Mitchell, who can be seen on Corrie as Sinead's friend Sam, in hospital.

Peter has also worked on Hollyoaks and now he's in Corrie he says it's "unbelievable".

"When I heard about the audition, I got very excited. We see a lot of actors jumping between the soaps, but for me to do nine months in Hollyoaks and now a bit in Corrie is crazy. I thought I would never get that sort of opportunity. Coronation Street to me is the biggest soap in the UK, so to be a part of that and get a storyline is fantastic."

Peter is also filming a BBC Three documentary and says: "I've always had the idea of me going out and talking to people who are going through the same thing I did 12 years ago - people who weren't born with disabilities but have ended up using a wheelchair through accidents. I wanted to tell people's stories, see how their lives have changed and what the future holds for them. It's a huge shock for anyone to go through that, as it's a completely different lifestyle after you have an accident."

Read the full interview here
.

Glenda Young 
Flaming Nora Blog / Twitter 


Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

Tvor said...

Anyone else having trouble with digital spy? My browsers (all three of them) can get to the page but then won't load it, keeps spinning and furiously reloading the url. There must be something on that page it doesn't like from Canada, perhaps. Tried unblocking popups too and that doesn't make a difference.

Frosty the Snowman said...

When I first saw this I thought who??? This character has only said a couple of lines so far but Frosty suspects he will start stalking Sinead or sommat, she will be kidnapped and will be saved by Tyrone and Ches. Let's see if his predictions are right!!

Dime said...

Yes, I'm having trouble too. I have no luck using Hola to access the site from Canada. Is there anyone out there who can help? I am in Canada also.

Glenda Young said...

Link works ok in uk from pc and phone - how odd

Anonymous said...

Frosty,Although you're probably right [and you usally are],I hope the writers don't ruin a promising character by turning him into a pschyopath\stalker.
Perhaps he could be a love interest for someone else?

Anonymous said...

could be Izzy's new lover?

vintgal003 said...

Really encouraging to see Corrie more inclusive, with featuring actors having physical challenges.

Sam looks to be a friendly positive influence on Sinead..let's hope his character continues along this line!

Zagg said...

Well if I were Sinead I'd roll away with this guy. He's a doll! Cute, positive...the opposite of old man Chesney. I was kind of hoping Chesney would have taken off with Katy at the last minute, leaving the door open for Sam.

Anonymous said...

Tvor: I have been having problems with DS as well, but only at home, not at work or on my tablet? THought that it was just me!
Rebecca in TO

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!