Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Marc Baylis: "I am very relieved the secret is out"

Millions of viewers saw Rob confront Tina over her affair with alcoholic bookie Peter Barlow - ending months of speculation about the identity of her killer.


This is the dramatic moment when Corrie killer Rob Donovan looks down on the lifeless body of barmaid Tina McIntyre - after a violent confrontation led to her falling to the cobbles below.


On Wednesday night a desperate Rob will start to cover his tracks by staging a burglary at Tina’s flat and viewers will be stunned by a shocking twist just minutes into the 9pm episode.

And in the coming days, weeks and months Rob will evade suspicion with both Carla and Peter having to answer police questions about the murder.

On Thursday night, as these pictures show, Peter will be hauled into custody under suspicion of killing his lover - but will police eventually get the right man?

Marc Baylis who plays Rob says he is relieved the secret is out as he has lived in fear of letting it slip since the murder was filmed back in April.

And he explained that as well as filming four different endings, to put viewers off the scent, the production team went to extraordinary lengths to keep his identity as the killer a secret.

He said: “There was one occasion when I had to go out filming in Manchester and we didn’t want the pap photographers who follow us everywhere to get a shot of me. So they dressed me in  wellington boots, a long coat and a skeleton mask for the drive out to location.

“I am very relieved now that the secret is out - I don’t know what reaction to expect in the street, maybe I will need to keep my head down for a while.”

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Pootle5 said...

I enjoyed the episode, but the killer covering his tracks over the next few months feels like a re-run of last year's Karl/Sunnita storyline.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping we would not know who the killer was. I like Rob....now we are going to lose him like we did Tony Gordon. I am not looking forward to this storyline at all now.

Beth said...

I like Rob, he's grown on me. I was hoping it was either Peter as he's leaving anyway, Tony because he's new and Tracy because I'd love to see the back of her! But now that it's Rob I guess we can't have Tracy and Rob evading justice....? Or was it an accident?

abbyk said...

Rob was wooden and useless when he first arrived, but he has grown on me as well, especially when he started interacting with Deirdre and acted more like a grown up with Carla. She fell when they argued, but he didn't seem to push her, so I wonder if he'll get off. He has become interesting to watch and it would be a shame to lose him now.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!