Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Coronation Street fan of the week - Barbara in Barbados

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Click here to find out more.


Who are you and where are you from?
I'm Barbara. I am originally from Canada but I have been living in Barbados for the past two years. I'm pictured with my husband, Jim.

How long have you been watching Corrie?  
I have been watching Corrie for about 27 years. 

Who are your favourite female and male characters and reasons why?I love so many of the characters that it is very difficult to chose.  If I had to chose I'd have to say I love Peter and Carla.  I love their characters, Carla's character is a very strong woman on the outside but soft on the inside someone who just wants to be accepted and loved.  Peter is a troubled soul that needs guidance and I really feel that having Carla makes him stronger.  When Peter was with Leanne she was too much of a crutch; he needs a strong woman and that is Carla. 

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
When I was living in Canada it was so funny; I was working at RBC and anytime someone from the UK came for a visit I would be like 'OMG do you watch Corrie?' and I'd go on and on.  I've even had them say 'Oh you do realise they're not real?'  I'd say 'Yes I do and I love watching it'.  

I tell everyone that Coronation Street is something everyone can relate to.  The North American soaps everyone is handsome or beautiful, they all have high powered jobs and they never wear the same outfit twice.  On Corrie there are people with cash and people without, people that most can relate to.  From people on welfare to factory owners and they wear the same clothes over and over again just like normal people.  When I moved to Barbados the first thing I said was I don't care where I live I just want to make sure that I have cable with CBC.  I also have to admit I do watch it on Never Surrenders ITV downloads to keep up with the UK. At the end of the day I love Corrie.  Someday I hope to get to Manchester and go to Granada TV to at least see the set from afar or even be lucky enough to have a tour.


Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

S.Jen said...

My favourite characters are Carla and Peter too.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!