Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 11 January 2013

And it's goodbye Hayley, from me

In the wake of the devastating news that we're going to lose beloved Hayley Cropper by the end of the year, let me start the avalanche of posts about the character's departure.

Hayley has always been a delight and a character whose dignity was to be admired. Her smile and optimism will stay in my heart. There will be a Hayley shaped hole in the show for a long time to come. More about my thoughts over here.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Dolly Tubb said...

I so agree with you, Tvor. I'm absolutely gutted that she is leaving; the character of Hayley and her portrayal by Julie H always drags Corrie out of the mire even when Car-Crash Corrie plumbs even greater depths. Sorry for the mixed metaphors there but I am too upset to think straight.

And that photo of Hayley and Roy at the airport always reduces me to a blubbering wreck - a scene so sensitively portrayed by both actors, unlike the other screaming banshees we are going to be left with.

Oh God, I can't even begin to think about it....

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!