Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 10 August 2012

Coronation Street wins its 2nd Olympic gold medal

If Yorshire folk can claim to be winning gold medals every time one of their athletes wins a  final in th'Olympics, then by 'eck as like, I think we're within our limits to claim that Coronation Street has won two gold medals too.

Yesterday, 29 years old Nicola Adams won the flyweight women's boxing championship to win gold for Team GB in the London 2012 Olympics.  I sat in a pub and watched the final yesterday and the girl did well, very well indeed.  Nicola worked as an extra on Coronation Street and Emmerdale to fund her way to her Olympic dream.

She said working on Corrie was her most enjoyable part-time work. "I sat in the Rovers Return and visited the post office, it was really exciting. The extra work I really enjoyed and seeing all the actors and stuff, I'd like to pursue that after my career."

And another Coronation Street gold medal went to Jessica Ennis who won gold in the hepthathlon.

Jessica said this while visiting the Street set earlier this year: "I'm a huge Coronation Street fan and it is wonderful to set foot on the world famous cobbles. If I’m out training, or away competing, I always record Corrie and watch back-to-back episodes when I get the chance. I'm currently two episodes behind but plan to catch-up soon. It is a brilliant show and if I was ever asked to pay a cameo role I would jump at the chance. I’d love it, even though I can’t act.'


Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!