Thank you to all of you that participated in the quiz of the day last Monday. The numbers were lower than expected, but maybe in time there'll be more contenders. There were three questions to answer in all and here are the answers for you!
Q1. How many times has Rita been proposed to?
A: The answer is an atonishing 14 times! Is she the most sought out woman in Weatherfield?! Here's a list of the men with the ones she declined in red.
1. Benny Lewis (1972) - they later made an amicable break-up
2. Len Fairclough (1974) - she called off the engagement due to Len's lack of commitment
3. Len Fairclough (1977) - they were married that year until Len's death in a car crash in 1983
4. Alf Roberts (1985) - declined because she only saw him as a good friend
5. Alan Bradley (1987) - declined because she was happy with the way things were
6. Alan Bradley (1987) - Alan planned a surprise wedding but a furious Rita again declined
7. Ted Sullivan (1992) - they were married that year until Ted died a few months later of a brain tumour
8. Fred Elliott (1996) - didn't give him an answer but to save face he said he was a womaniser
9. Alec Gilroy (1998) - she thought he'd changed but ended their engagement when she saw his ill treatment towards Jack and Vera
10. Anthony Stephens (2001) - failed to give him an answer before he left for New Zealand
11. Norris Cole (2005) - he tricked both Rita and Emily by proposing. Rita declined but Emily accepted. A flustere Norris admitted he played them and the short engagement ended
12. Norris Cole (2007) - this was a genuine proposal. Norris admitted he loved Rita and that he would provide companionship for her but she declined
13. Colin Grimshaw (2009) - ended the engagement when she found out about his dark past
14. Dennis Tanner (2012) - they're currently engaged
A: They were all born in 1942. Janet was the eldest, she was born on the 6th of May - she was Ken's second wife; then David on the 4th of July - he was Ken's brother; and then Valerie on the 26th of November - she was Ken's first wife. It's funny to think that they'd all be celebrating their 70th birthdays now. Isn't it weird that Ken never mentions his brother?
Q3. Which of these couples have the biggest age gap? Ken and Deirdre; Peter and Leanne; Alf and Renee; or Dev and Sunita?
A: The answer is Alf and Renee who had 16 years and 4 months between them, even though the actors who played them (Bryan Mosley and Madge Hindle) only had 6 years and 7 months between them. In close second place is Peter and Leanne who have 16 years and 3 months between them. Chris Gascoyne and Jane Danson have 10 years and 10 months between them. In third place is Ken and Deirdre who have 15 years and 9 months between them while William Roache and Anne Kirkbride have 22 years and 2 months between them. Lastly, Dev and Sunita have 14 years and 5 months between them while Jimmi Harkishin and Shobna Gulati have 5 years and 5 months between them.
Hope you enjoyed this week's trivia quiz!