For this blogger, 2011 has been a bit of a rollercoaster year on our fave soap. Yes, the show did seem a little weak post-tram crash but that was always going to be the case. Things have rallied though and to general cheering from all quarters, the horrendous Gray family was finally dispatched. Whilst it was also a joy to see the back of one of my least favourite characters (Liz MacDonald), it was great to see Dennis Tanner return. Likewise, Roy' mum Sylvia was a great addition to the cast.
With 2012 on the horizon, what plotlines would you like to see evolve and, the dreary Tracy Barlow aside, which characters do we want to see less of? My New Year's wishes read like this:
Stop throwing too many plotlines at Stella. Let the character grow or get rid.
- Wedding of the Year - surely Rita and Dennis will get spliced?
- Next pregnancy? My money is on Leanne. Would this be enough to entice Peter back?
- Eileen as Lesley's carer. If this story turns out to be true, it opens up a new way of life for Eileen.
- Kirsty is exposed as a total bunny boiler. She is weird, unpleasant and a mismatch with Tyrone.
- Give Sophie Webster a break from the show . . . she's a bore!
- Bring on Beth! The return of Steve's ex should provide a few laughs this winter.
- Julie and Brian's continued rise to glory. They are wonderfully mad!
- Farewell Betty. There won't be a dry eye in the house . . .
Where would you like to see Corrie heading in 2012?