Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 31 October 2010

Bill Tarmey to sing on Coronation Street

There's a lovely little snippet in today's Mirror that says Bill Tarmey finally gets to sing properly on Coronation Street.

In Jack Duckworth's final scenes on Corrie before he dies, Bill will sing a moving rendition of Wind Beneath My Wings.  A source on the show said: "Every time Bill was asked to sing in the Street it had to be off-key. It's the ultimate irony that fans will hear his voice as it really is in Bill's final scene on November 8. As he lays dying in the chair where Vera passed away, Jack will be visited by his dear departed for a last dance. The song Wind Beneath My Wings will play and it will be Bill singing."

I'm filling up already.

10 comments:

The Garden Pixie said...

This will be lovely.

Sea Penguin said...

Bracing myself for this. I've got extra hankies in already.

Billy Niblick said...

Actually, the way it's described makes it sound quite horrifically cheesy. I'm sure it'll be better than it would appear to be. Well, let's hope so.

gadgee said...

I must admit this does sound really corny to me too.

Nick said...

Sounds very emotional but at the same time cheesy... I really hope it's done with sensibility, credibility and class.

As an aside - I think Bill's most recent episodes have been superb. Fantastic serious and emotional acting from all involved but no shortage of humour either (I burst into laughter when he smacked Michelle's rear... I guess that was on Jack's list among the other things to do!)

Anonymous said...

Horrifically cheesy sums it up quite succinctly, Billy. I'd be astounded if this was pulled off in a credible way.

Ange said...

Fabulous! I don't care how cheesy it is, I'll be watching. We only have a year and a bit to wait down here in Godzone.

Faith from across the pond said...

... add my name to the list of those who shall have their hankies at the ready ... bless.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, a 1980s love song (written in 1982!) and a visitation from Vera? Well, it does sound in keeping with the Duckworths' tastes!

Billy Niblick said...

And another thing...... not really happy at the way that Connie has just been shunted off abruptly to the sidelines with scarce a word of explanation. Are we to believe that Jack - who had previously been shown genuinely to have cared for Connie and got close to her - would really do this - even if he is facing imminent death?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!