Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Have Coronation Street found the new Stan and Hilda?

I'm a big fan of the Windass clan because Anna's down to earth and scrubs up a treat and Eddie's as feckless as they come, but with currants on the top. His baking skills are a real treat to have on the Street.

And as I'm warming to Anna and Eddie Windass there's certain similiarites to Stan and Hilda Ogden I've spotted. Could it be the vest that Eddie sports so much like Stan used to? Is it the way they love each other dearly but are always fighting? Or am I seeing something where nothing really is... what do you think? Have Corrie found the new Stan and Hilda in Anna and Eddie Windass?

8 comments:

Llifon said...

Well, I'd say maybe they're the new Jack and Vera. The Duckworths succeeded the Oggies.

gab said...

dont like them-anna is a mug staying with someone like that he couldnt give a toss about anything

hes stolen from half the street yet she just gives him a slap and tells him not to do it again and everyone else seems to have forgotten about it

get rid of him at least

Tvor said...

They're more like a quieter version of Les and Janice!

Anonymous said...

I would tend to agree.

I like them more now that Len is no longer in the picture. I've always liked Anna and Eddie is beginning to grow on me.

Walzing Matilda said...

I like them now they have softened them a bit, dont forget they were the start of Joe McInyre's troubles, but if Eddie stops scamming the neighbours and Uncle Len is never seen again then I think they could become quite popular characters. At least Eddie seems to have washed his hair of late!!!

Sea Penguin said...

I've always liked the Windasses. Eddie is a class act - I hope he doesn't turn too soft on us though, as it's his dodgy side that makes him the character he is - Anna is great too, and Gary is just magic. I also thought Len was a really great villain - scary and horrible - and would be delighted if he came back and caused a bit of havoc again. The current AWOL storyline looks to be very interesting.

Clare said...

I really like the Windasses. Far better than say Fiz and John 'Jaffa' Stape.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy having them on the show. we need people like them or the Battersbys to add some spark. however I do not see how one can liken Eddie to our Stan. Stan was a lazy old buffoon always out to cut a corner. But Eddie is a thief, and the worst type at that who steals from his neighbours and friends. In fact he is quite despicable, and that is why it is fun to have him on the show. Stan Ogden was totally different.....feckless and somewhat useless, Yes, but not a thief and a crook.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!