Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 12 February 2009

No plans for Anne Kirkbride to leave Corrie

Much was made of a tittle-tattle tabloid tale today saying that Anne Kirkbride, who plays Coronation Street's Deirdre Barlow, is going to quit the cobbles.

In an interview with Yours magazine, Anne said: "I am loathe to grow old in Coronation Street. I don't know what the future holds. I'm open-minded, but I'm 54 and I don't want to grow old working as hard as I am now - out on the cobbles for hours on a Monday morning in the middle of winter!"

However, the official Corrie site says: "Anne is very happy at Coronation Street and has indicated her commitment to the show as we head towards the 50th anniversary in December 2010. As everyone is aware, the Barlows will be very much part of the storylines leading up to the anniversary."

Corrie without Deirdre? Who'd play the harmonica?

2 comments:

Danny-K said...

Is that why they're in the process of llining up a long-boat bit-on-the-side for Ken?

Glenda Young said...

It sounds like Anne just thinking aloud. I mean, I don't want to work till I'm old and grey either but it doesn't mean I want to leave my job now.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!