Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 1 February 2009

Maureen Lipman talks about her time on Corrie

Maureen Lipman always gives a good interview and she's in the Daily Mirror's Celebs mag today in which she gives a mention to her time spent behind the Coronation Street bar at the Rovers Return as Lilian "never, ever Lily" Spencer.

"I played Lilian, The Rovers' landlady in Corire back in 2002. I was on a cruise and I got a telegram asking me to go straight to Granada TV when I got off the boat - I was called because Julie Goodyear had this massive crack-up when she returned to the show and hadn't realised it was five episodes a week. I loved it. Lilian was very Annie Walker, very snooty. I loved her. It was very surreal going on the Street. I don't know if I'd go back. I'd never been in a soap before and if I was going to do one I'd want to do it from the beginning."

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!