Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 21 February 2009

Corrie shock and awe: the Windass clan have a fan

Grace Dent's World of Lather always puts a smile on my face when I read her column once a month in The Guardian. But this month I was a little bemused and confused. Could it really be that she's a fan of the Coronation Street Windass clan? Read it and weep. What fans don't get, however, reading Grace's words online is the fantastic illustration from Thea Brine which accompanies each piece in the paper. This month it was a wonderful charicature of Ma and Pa Windass.

6 comments:

Danny-K said...

Grace Dent says: " . . . It's written all over Tina's mucky face that she'd rather be with Gary.

Tina and Gary are two peas in a lawless, prison-bound pod. If it wasn't for Tina's sense of duty to idiot-boy Platt and all his "issues", she'd have moved her hoops and her hoodie next door chez Windass weeks ago . . ."

Yeah I agree, (that Tina's for the high jump!)

Unknown said...

I don't blame Tina: that Gary is definitely one gorgeous bad boy!

(I have a thing about redheads: I must have been ravaged by Vikings in a previous life LOL)

Cheryl said...

I'd love to introduce Pa Windass to a tub and a bar of soap! I'm not a fan of this family and when you add the Uncle to the mix... well that does it for me... in a negative sense.

Tvor said...

I can't say i'm a fan of the Windasses but yes, they certainly have put the wind up the Platts and that makes for good storyline. If Tina does end up going to Gary its a matter of going from the frying pan and into the fire isn't it? I have to agree, though, i do like Anna. Not as gobby as Janice but not adverse to looking the other way when something somewhat dodgey is about though doesn't go so far as to really encourage the bad stuff. After all she doesn't seem to have a problem with Les... er.. Eddie defrauding the benefits people.

And as for Martha, she's right. Martha's too perfect. I keep thinking Martha's going to start scamming Ken for money or something.

Glenda Young said...

It is good that Tina's obviously attracted to the young 'un and it's winding up David no end but still, let's give them 6 months and see if they're still in the Street or not...

Unknown said...

Sorry, who's Martha?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!