Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 13 December 2008

Andrew Sachs confirms stint on Coronation Street

Note to news websites who've cut and pasted this post as their own - could you please do the decent thing and give this blog a link?

There are many reasons why I love the Christmas Radio Times - great telly schedules, a fab crossword and holiday adverts for summer next year. Little did I know I'd also get a Coronation Street exclusive out of it too.

In an interview with Andrew Sachs, who's been rumoured to turn up on the cobbles as Norris Cole's brother, the ex-Fawlty Towers star says this:

"They're asking me to do Coronation Street next year. I'm a little concerned because I'm a pensioner, as the newspapers keep telling me, and it takes me longer to learn the lines. I'm going to take up the challenge anyway."

Great news so far but even better is that Andrew admits he and his wife are huge Corrie fans too. He said: "I have to watch Coronation Street. It was a condition of my marriage. My wife was such a fan that I've been watching it since 1962."

Want to see a Corrie look-a-like of Andrew Sach's grand-daughter, Georgina Baillie? Click here.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!